I am a Ph.D. candidate at the CSE department of HKUST. I work with Prof. Shing-Chi Cheung in the CASTLE research group. I am going to visit the CISPA Helmholtz Center for Information Security in February 2024 to conduct research with Prof. Andreas Zeller. I obtained my B.Eng. degree at SUSTech in 2020. My research focuses on software testing and program analysis. Currently, I am working on research projects in mocking, IoT testing, and metamorphic testing. During my spare time, I visit various hiking trails in Hong Kong and take nice photos there. I am also a tech enthusiast and I contribute to open-source projects such as Homebrew.
- CISPA Helmholtz Center for Information Security: Visiting Researcher, Starting from Feb. 2024
- Advised by Prof. Dr. Andreas Zeller
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, Since Aug. 2020
- Southern University of Science and Technology: B.Eng. in Computer Science and Technology, Sep. 2016 - Jun. 2020
Publications* denotes corresponding author, # denotes equal contribution
TOSEM 2023 . StubCoder: Automated Generation and Repair of Stub Code for Mock Objects. In ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology. Volume 33, Issue 1, January 2024.
ASE 2021 . Why Do Developers Remove Lambda Expressions in Java?. In Proceedings of The 36th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering. Melbourne, Australia, Nov. 2021.
ASE 2020 . MockSniffer: Characterizing and Recommending Mocking Decisions for Unit Tests. In Proceedings of The 35th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering. Melbourne, Australia, Sep. 2020.
SANER 2020 . How Do Python Framework APIs Evolve? An Exploratory Study. In Proceedings of The 2020 IEEE 27th International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering. London, Ontario, Canada, Feb. 2020.
Honors and Awards
- Postgraduate studentship, HKUST, 2020 - 2024
- Distinguished UG thesis, SUSTech, Jun., 2020
- Outstanding graduate, SUSTech, May, 2020
- Annual outstanding students scholarship, Third Class, SUSTech, Oct. 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Outstanding teaching assistant, CSE department, SUSTech, Jan. and Jul. 2019
- Outstanding freshmen scholarship, Third Class, SUSTech, Oct. 2016
- PC member, ICSE 2024 Artifact Evaluation Track
- Co-reviewer, ESEC/FSE 2024 Research Track
- Co-reviewer, ICSE 2024 Research Track
- PC member, ISSRE 2023 Artifact Evaluation Track
- PC member, ESEC/FSE 2023 Artifact Evaluation Track
- PC member, ISSTA 2023 Artifact Evaluation Track
- Co-reviewer, ISSTA 2023 Research Track
- Co-reviewer, ASE 2022 Research Track
- Co-reviewer, ESEC/FSE 2022 Research Track
- Co-reviewer, ASE 2021 Research Track
- Co-reviewer, JSME in 2021
- Co-reviewer, EMSE in 2020 and 2021
- Co-reviewer, SAC 2021 SE Track
- Student volunteer, ISSTA 2019
I worked as a teaching assistant in the following courses at HKUST.
- COMP 1021 Introduction to Computer Science (Python Programming) (Fall 2023-24)
- COMP 3021 Java Programming (Fall 2022-23)
- COMP 3021 Java Programming (Fall 2021-22)
- COMP 2012 Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures (C/C++ Programming) (Spring 2020-21)
I worked as a teaching assistant in the following courses at SUSTech.
- CS102A Introduction to Computer Programming (A) (Java, Spring 2018, 2019, and 2020)
- CS309 Object Oriented Analysis and Design (Fall 2019)
- CS307 Database Principal (Spring 2019)
- CS205 C/C++ Programming Language (Fall 2018)
- CS102B Introduction to Computer Programming (B) (Java, Fall 2018)
- CS101B Introduction to Computer Science (B) (Fall 2017)