I am a PhD candidate at the CSE department of HKUST, under the supervision of Prof. Shing-Chi Cheung in CASTLE research group. I obtained my B.Eng. degree at SUSTech in 2020. My research interest is related to software engineering. Currently, I am working on research projects in software testing. I love hiking and I often visit various hiking trails in Hong Kong during weekends. I also play rhythm games such as Cytus II and DEEMO II in my spare time, which is a new way to enjoy music by interacting with them.
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, Since Aug. 2020
- Southern University of Science and Technology: B.Eng. in Computer Science and Technology, Sep. 2016 - Jun. 2020
Publications* denotes corresponding author, # denotes equal contribution
ASE 2021 Why Do Developers Remove Lambda Expressions in Java?. In Proceedings of The 36th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering Melbourne, Australia, Nov. 2021.
ASE 2020 MockSniffer: Characterizing and Recommending Mocking Decisions for Unit Tests. In Proceedings of The 35th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering Melbourne, Australia, Sep. 2020.
SANER 2020 How Do Python Framework APIs Evolve? An Exploratory Study. In Proceedings of The 2020 IEEE 27th International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering London, Ontario, Canada, Feb. 2020.
Honors and awards
- Postgraduate studentship, HKUST, 2020 - 2024
- Distinguished UG thesis, SUSTech, Jun., 2020
- Outstanding graduate, SUSTech, May, 2020
- Annual outstanding students scholarship, Third Class, SUSTech, Oct. 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Outstanding teaching assistant, CSE department, SUSTech, Jan. and Jul. 2019
- Outstanding freshmen scholarship, Third Class, SUSTech, Oct. 2016
- Co-reviewer, The 37th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2022 Research track)
- Co-reviewer, The ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering 2022 (ESEC/FSE 2022 Research track)
- Co-reviewer, The 36th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2021 Research track)
- Co-reviewer, Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSME) in 2021
- Co-reviewer, Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE) in 2020 and 2021
- Co-reviewer, The 36th ACM SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2021 SE track)
- Co-reviewer, Journal of Software (JOS-CN) in 2020
- Student volunteer, The 28th ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA 2019)
I worked as a teaching assistant in the following courses at HKUST.
- COMP 3021 Java Programming (Fall 2022-23)
- COMP 3021 Java Programming (Fall 2021-22)
- COMP 2012 Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures (Spring 2020-21)
I worked as a teaching assistant in the following courses at SUSTech.
- CS102A Introduction to Computer Programming (A) (Java, Spring 2018, 2019 and 2020)
- CS309 Object Oriented Analysis and Design (Fall 2019)
- CS307 Database Principal (Spring 2019)
- CS205 C/C++ Programming Language (Fall 2018)
- CS102B Introduction to Computer Programming (B) (Java, Fall 2018)
- CS101B Introduction to Computer Science (B) (Fall 2017)